Saturday, November 13, 2010

William the Conqueror:

Q: William did you raise an army?
A: Yes, I raised an army and won the backing of the Pope. He then sailed across the English channel to England.

Q: What happened Christmas Day 1066.
A: William the Conqueror, as I was now called, became king of England on Christmas Day 1066.

Q: What happened over the next 300 years?
A: Over the next 300 years, there was a gradual blending of Norman French and Anglo-Saxon customs languages, and traditions.

Q: What happened after you conquered England?
A: Now that I had conquered England, I set out to impose my control over the land. Like other feudal monarchs, I granted fiefs to the church and to my Norman lords, or barons, but he also kept a large amount of land for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment